The Hot Stove
The Hot Stove Restaurant is located on Parnell Square formerly named Rutland Square at the north end of O’Connell Street. Parnell Street forms the southern side of the square surrounded on three sides by terraces of original intact Georgian houses.
History and culture
“Parnell Street” was formerly known as Great Britain Street, then named after Charles Stewart Parnell (1846–1891) after Dublin Corporation adopted a resolution to rename the street following his death. The Hot Stove Restaurant, The Rotunda Hospital, The Ambassador Theatre, The Gate Theatre, The Garden of Remembrance, The Dublin Writers Museum, Chapter One Restaurant and the Hugh Lane Gallery are all on Parnell Square. The James Joyce Centre is immediately off Parnell Street on North Great Georges Street, while located just off the eastern end is the historic Mountjoy Square.